Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mango Strawberry Avocado Salsa


Summer fresh!
This salsa has textures and flavors that are incredible. Sweet, crunchy and fresh! 
 
 
Whenever we have mangoes in the house, my youngest daughter will devour them. They don't last long once she gets her hands on them (she can have a mango peeled, sliced and eaten Annie-Oakley-fast!), so I knew I had to think of something quick before the mangoes were gone!
I wanted a dish that I could use as a simple salsa, a topping for any meat or eggs, or delicious alone. I had some leftover produce/fruit and I wanted to make sure everything was put to use.
This one met all those requirements!
 
I doubled this batch to feed about 18 people and didn't have many leftovers (even "Annie Oakley"- approved!).
 
3 ripe mangoes – diced
2-3 cups of fresh strawberries – diced
1 cucumber – diced
3-4 ripe avocados – diced
1/3 large red onion – finely diced
1 orange bell pepper – diced (you can use any bell pepper, but this adds color!)
3 garlic cloves – crushed
1 lemon – juice freshly squeezed (I also added some of the lemon's zest!)
1 lime – juice freshly squeezed
1 small orange – juice freshly squeezed
a bunch of fresh cilantro – chopped
sea salt and ground pepper – to taste (optional)
fresh ginger – grated (optional)
splash of olive oil
Add the following ingredients to a large bowl:
 
Mango
 
Stawberries
 
Avocado
 
Orange Bell Pepper
 
Red Onion
 
Cucumber
 
Mix together gently until blended and add remaining ingredients - mix and place in fridge to chill before serving. The flavors were even better the following day!

No comments:

Post a Comment